Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Patterns

This is a photo of some snow melting on my old swing-set. The snow melting in between the boards is the pattern. I like the way the snow is clear and the puddles are clear. This is for the patterns assignment.
The main subject of this photo is a birch tree. The white and grayish-white stripes on the tree are the pattern, and the one strip that is peeling off works well. It could have been better if the part that's peeling off and the stripes were both in focus. I made this picture for the patterns assignment.
These monkey bars are the pattern in this photo, and the main subject. The way the first one is out of focus works well. Also, it looks a lot better in black and white than it did in color. It could be better if the rest of the swing-set wasn't so ugly. I made this picture because when I was younger, I would always look through the monkey bars before I used them and when this assignment was assigned it came to my head right away.

2 comments:

  1. I really love your first picture, I wish I would have thought of that idea for a pattern too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bottom photo is very good for patterns-I think you could cut off the left side and then it would force the viewer to look through the rings more (which is the main pattern anyway.

    ReplyDelete