Saturday, May 4, 2013

Abandoned

I really like this picture because I think there is good lighting and I like the green in it.  The rust also makes it look cool I think, and the shadows. I'm not quite sure what it is though...but I found it in a pile of junk so I figured it could go as abandoned.

Whenever I see boards like this, I just wonder where they came from. I don't understand why there are boards with nails half in them laying in my backyard. I really like the depth of field in this picture though, and the colors.

This was a big ball of wire that I found. This picture was actually an accident, I didn't even try to set the focus where it is, but I loved how it turned out! It was also a hard decision between whether to leave it in color, or black and white. I decided to leave it in color because I think the rust helps to make it seem more abandoned.

I like the lighting in this shot, and how a jar is halfway stuck into the ground and there is a bunch of straw around it. This picture definitely looks a lot better in black and white than with the blah colors that were in it.

It is hard to tell how this photo shows abandonment at first. I focused on a chunk of cement at the end of a barn we burned down a while ago. If you look at the background, you can see the walls of the barn and moss that is growing in the bottom. I actually really like how the focus of this picture turned out.
This assignment was overall pretty easy for me, because my backyard happens to double as a junkyard.

2 comments:

  1. Love the rusted wire! Great decay shots and variety :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The top one (bike chain ring) is very good-such a contrast in color, texture and shape-very very nice! (Wouldbe good in B&W too)

    ReplyDelete